|rachel500||01:26 pm - Writer and Artist Guidelines for 2009 Ficathon|
Anyone is welcome to enter as a writer and sign-up any time!
We're very much about promoting writing more female-oriented fics so the more people signing up the better! Feel free to ask/cajole/blackmail your friends into participating!
We're also opening the ficathon up to artists this year too so if graphics is your thing - icon, wallpapers, banners, etc. please feel free to take part and use any of our prompts for inspiration. There will be a separate announcement nearer the date on how to post your art work.
- Choose your prompt(s) - you can choose more than one and choose one already selected
- Note any exclusions in your prompt and ensure you stick with them
- Ship/Slash/Femslash - we'd like all the fics to be gen but we're not going to ban any fic if it has something shippy /slashy (although if it was specifically mentioned as an exclusion please try to keep it out!) but you will need to include in your warnings when submitting. Adult fic (graphic sex, etc) is not allowed for this ficathon.
- There is only a 500 word minimum length.
- Close date for submission of your story is 31st August 2009. We'll take a poll in early August to see if this needs to be extended.
- Please get a beta! If anyone can't find one, PM me!
- Instructions on how to submit will be released nearer to the submission date but if you finish early, PM me!